The Banquet of AAMAS is given at a main hotel Hakodate Harbor View Hotel, on May 10th (Wednesday). From FUN to Hakodate Harbor View Hotel, take the Shuttle Bus 01 (Bound for Hakodate Station) around 18:00. From Yunokawa or Goryokaku to Hotel Harbor View Hotel, take a street car or a taxi.
About getting the the banquet venue (Hakodate Harbor View Hotel), see the following local transportation pages.
There will be a musical performance by Akiyoshi Shimoyama. He will play the Tsugaru-jamisen which is one of the versions of Shamisen, a Japanese traditional three stringed lute.
Akiyoshi Shimoyama was born in Aonago, Hirosaki City, in Aomori prefecture in 1973. He started to practice the Tsugaru-jamisen at the age of 17 and studied under Tokuji Tateyama. He is active in his performances not only all over Japan, especially in Aomori, but in the U.K. and France.
- A champion of a national Tsugaru-jamisen contest
- Performing at the presence of Prince royal at the tree planting festival in Aomori
- Performing at the NHK national Tsugaru-jamisen festival in Iwaki
- Solo performance at the presence of Prince Akishino at the Marine Festival
- Solo performance at the Japan and Korea exchange party under the sponsorship of World Cup.
- (1) Rokudan Tsugaru jongara - bushi
- (2) Sounds of Tsugaru (Tsugaru no hibiki)